Indian woman Jyoti Kumar, 62, is thought to have had the world’s longest ectopic pregnancy, after an MRI scan (pictured) revealed a child’s skeleton inside her abdomen, after she became pregnant at the age of 24. At the time doctors warned the expectant mother her unborn child had little chance of survival, after it was found to be growing outside of her womb. Terrified at the thought of an operation, she fled and sought treatment for the pain at a small clinic. Months later when the pain subsided, Ms Thakre was convinced the problem had been treated.
THE BOY WHO LOVED TO READ
Once, there was a boy who loved to read. He read everything he could get his hands on, and loved going to his favorite book store. One day, the boy realized he had read everything the store had to offer. He confronted the owner, and asked him if he had anything the boy had never checked out. The owner said why, yes, I do, and pulled out a book called “Death”. He gladly sold it to the boy at a discounted price of 50$.
However, he warned the boy, never to read the front page. Well, the boy returned to his house and read the book, and he was content. However, he always wondered, what could be on that front page, it was always in the back of his mind. One day, the temptation was too much for the boy, and he flipped to the very front of the book, and dropped the book in HORROR.
There, in bold print, was MSRP 7.99$
CREEPYPASTA & /NOSLEEP/ : A COLLECTION
- The Children Knew
- Abandoned by Disney
- Normal Porn for Normal People
- I’m Hungry
- The Comfy and Cozy Cabin
- The Basement
- Squidward’s Suicide
- A Warning to Those Thinking About Accessing the Shadow Web
- Patient #0017983
- For Fear Addicts Like Me
- The Dionaea House
- Box Fort
- The World’s Best School Psychologist
- Mr. Widemouth
- The Gallery of Henri Beauchamp
- NoEnd House
- Case 731-9401: A Lack of Evidence
- My Daughter is a Doll
- The Girl in the Log
- Candle Cove
- The Angel Without a Face
- Both My Parents Were Surgeons and I Used To Talk To Furniture
- Kisaragi Station
- The Art of Jacob Emory
- Grandpa’s Second Voice
- You Won’t Hear About This On The News
- White with Red (The Keyhole)
- The Smiling Man
- Wake Up
- Ted the Caver
- Where Bad Kids Go
- The Russian Sleep Experiment
- The Soul Game
- He Waits for You
- The Grifter
- The Thing That Stalks the Fields
- Boothworld Industries
- The White Face in the Window
- The Rake
- My Fear of Water
- Gateway of the Mind
- Dangerous Roads
- Next Time You’ll Know Better
- Death at 423 Stockholm Street
- You Wan See Uh Show?
- The Thump
- Guardian Angel/And I Am Always With You
One of the most impressive zombie cosplays I have ever seen, and the man behind this is Josef Rarach.
The Bobbit Worm
Eunice aphroditois, dwells on the ocean floor where it buries its body waiting for its prey. They usually are around 3 feet in length, but some have been found to grow upto 4 feet long, like Barry. It uses one of its five antennae to sense prey and attack it. Sometimes it attacks so fast that it can slice its prey in half.
The Central Nervous System, containing the brain and spinal cord.
The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that psychiatrists cannot reliably tell the difference between people who are mentally stable and those who are mentally unstable.
In 1970, 8 mentally stable people were granted admission into 12 different hospitals. They all told the same story of how they would hear a voice inside their head, it was unclear but often said “empty”, “hollow” and “thud”.
Right after they were admitted, the patients stopped showing any signs of abnormality. They took part in activities and talked to faculty and other patients as they would normally.
None of the psychiatrists ever stopped to say “I think they are getting better” or “they seem absolutely fine now” In fact, nurses and psychiatrists took normal activity such as walking or writing and attempted to represent it as a form of pathological behavior.
For example, staff would point to patients waiting outside the lunchroom as a form of oral-acquisitive syndrome, when really they were just bored and were anticipating their meal.
It’s interesting to note that even though staff didn’t recognize that these people were completely fine, patients recognized that they didn’t seem to have any problems.
This study highlights how powerful labels can be.
Wow…this also potentially bespeaks how the people who are charged with making these patients better are only trying to create terminology and atmosphere that keep them institutionalized.
That’s pretty disturbing.
To anyone saying “well they said they heard voices obviously the doctors are going to look at them with a weary eye”
You missed the point.
They were supposed to detect the patients getting better and instead of being able to tell that, they took any action that the patients performed and totally distorted it and blew it to epic proportions to make them seem completely and utterly abnormal to a point where the patients were institutionalized for months.
Also, sixpenceee, you missed the second part to this experiment - equally chilling, in my opinion. One hospital’s administration was angered by Rosenhan’s experiment, and challenged him to send impostor patients - mentally stable people masquerading as mentally unstable people - to their facilities. Their staff would then turn those pseudopatients away. Long story short, Rosenhan OK’d this part of the experiment. 193 people went to that hospital in that experiment period looking for help. They flagged 41 people as impostors and had doubts about another 42.
Rosenhan sent no one.
The staff of this hospital flagged impostor patients where none had existed.
That’s really worrying…
This is terrifying
This was conducted in 1970, so I wonder how much has changed since then
Instant death, right? Wrong. This phenomenon actually occurs more frequently than you’d expect after cases of trauma, with many people surviving. In fact after a car accident, a woman spent 1 year diagnosed with whiplash before someone finally did an X-ray and realised what the crap was going on. It went on for so long that the bones in her spine began to deteriorate and her neck collapsed to the point of her chin resting onto her clavicle - this then lead to sores and infection. This however is a rather unfortunate scenario; in most instances it’s caught right after the accident and reattached immediately, with both kids and adults having survived it. But still, eeeesh!
So how does it happen?
This nasty scenario occurs when the atlanto-occipital joint is dislocated (this a synovial joint which attaches the skull to the spine - you can see a clear detachment of these in the image). Most documented cases of it occurred during road traffic accidents, either as a driver or pedestrian. There have also been some reported cases during childbirth. All of these survivors have of course been very lucky to not have suffered any accompanying spinal cord/nerve damage because that it a pretty sure ticket outta here.
Another example of internal decapitation worth mentioning is hanging. I’d hope to not survive in that instance because you end up asphyxiating instead. Nasty!
Enjoy these. None of these are jump scares, don’t worry.
- DARK SHADOW FIGURE SOBBING: A person walks into a room and sees a dark shadow figure sitting on the floor with it’s head in it’s lab, he promptly walks out and walks back in a couple minutes later. What he sees next, is something you’re going to have to watch to figure out.
- DEMON HANDS: Hands, hundreds of them growing out of walls. It looks like a scene straight out of Grave Encounters
- THE CAT WITH HANDS: Don’t watch this at midnight is all I’m telling you
- I HAVE THE BODY OF A PIG: Some paranormal investigators found some startling EVP. The end of this video will increase the creepiness.
- BOY ATTACKED BY GHOST: Towards the end where something attempts to drag him by the leg *shivers*
- FALLEN ANGEL: Two men find a trail of feathers and find an emaciated humanoid figure behind the bushes
- ELISA LAM: You probably have heard about this case, but the body of this girl was found in the hotel’s water tank not too long after this. Do you see the strange hand motions she’s making? And who on earth is she talking to?
- GHOST SCREAMING IN A HAUNTED HOTEL: Sounds of screaming coming from an empty room
- NO THROUGH ROAD: A bunch of boys explore a seemingly endless road, they find a few bunny corpses along the road
- POSSESSION AT A STORE: Look at the glass door, right when he hits the floor. You can see the reflection of something coming out of his body.
If you like this, perhaps you’ll like the 10 creepy audio recordings